Thursday, March 31, 2016

Feisty Ferret 2 year update

Hi fellow rat lovers,

It's been about 2 years since I had the Feisty Ferret cage (Prevue Hendryx 485 Pet Products Feisty Ferret Home with Stand, Black Hammertone)


I have written my initial impressions here:
http://rattolove.blogspot.com/2014/07/feisty-ferret-home-review-for-rats.html

After 2 years of use I will be retiring this cage. I love the size and the large doors but that is about it.



Rusting
This is my number one complaint!

I live in Hawaii, so lots of humidity, and the cage has rusted. The second floor is so rusty that it flakes to the bottom floor. I have to keep the second floor completely covered to prevent my rats from stepping on the rust. Not good!

Unstable Hardware
The cage is so wobbly. This may be due to my poor assembly. However, the screws that came with the cage do not fit all the way. The wobbliness has worsened over the years and I am always afraid the cage will collapse when moving it.



Falling Ramps
I discarded the plastic ramps because they fell too much.


Long story short:
This cage is cheap and I initially thought it was worth the money. However, it did not last the test of time (if you consider 2 years even a test). If I had known, I would have shelled out an extra 100 for the Double Critter Nation.


Please think twice and then again when purchasing this cage.

Love,

Mai

No comments:

Post a Comment